+ What is The GoodLife Fitness City Chase?
Simply put, The GoodLife Fitness City Chase is ‘Canada’s Largest Urban Adventure’. The Chase will test both your fitness and your mind. Here’s how it works. When The GoodLife Fitness City Chase starts your team of 2 will get a clue sheet. Decipher it to find the locations of hidden ChasePoints located throughout your city. Next, navigate your way through ten of those ChasePoints and get back to the Start/Finish line to claim victory and find your way to the after party!
+ When and where do The GoodLife Fitness City Chase events place?
Events take place in 5 cities across Canada
||June 6, 2015
||June 27, 2015
||July 18, 2015
||August 15, 2015
||August 22, 2015
+ How do I register to be a participant in The GoodLife Fitness City Chase?
+ Who can I contact for help with my registration for The GoodLife Fitness City Chase Series?
+ If I register to fundraise for GoodLife Kids Foundation am I automatically registered in The GoodLife Fitness City Chase Series?
+ If I am registered as a GoodLife Fitness City Chase participant am I automatically registered to fundraise for GoodLife Kids Foundation?
No, you must register
separately to fundraise for GoodLife Kids Foundation.
+ Do I have to register online to fundraise for GoodLife Kids Foundation?
Yes, we ask all fundraising participants to register
online. You will have access to tools and tips to help you reach your fundraising goals. It also is a requirement in order to qualify for fundraising incentives.
+ How do I register online to fundraise for GoodLife Kids Foundation?
To register to fundraise for GoodLife Kids Foundation click on the Register link at the top of any page.
- ABOUT YOU - Complete the About You Form with your personal information, create your username and password
- QUESTIONS - Here you can confirm your fundraising goal, make an optional donation to yourself and update your permissions
- REGISTER - Double check your information and confirm your registration
At any stage of registration you can go back to update or change your information. Registration only takes a few minutes - your session will expire after 20 minutes and you will need to start over again.
+ Why do I need to create a username and password?
Your username and password are unique to you and will allow you to access your Fundraising Hub.
+ What is my Fundraising Hub?
Your Fundraising Hub is your unique, online, customizable fundraising centre. It can be accessed immediately following online registration. It will be ready and waiting to be tailored to your preference. It contains tools for emailing friends and family, tracking donations, adding offline pledges and much more.
+ What is my Personal Page?
It is an online webpage that highlights an individual participant and their fundraising efforts. Participants are able to customize content and images on their Personal Page from the Fundraising Hub.
+ Is there a limit to the number of emails that I can send through my Fundraising Hub to my friends and family?
No, there is no limit to the number of emails that can be sent from the Fundraising Hub although, if you are sending to a large group we recommending sending to batches of 100 or less at a time.
+ Can I upload my address book from Outlook, Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo?
Yes, to upload your contact list select the ‘get Sponsors’ icon under your Fundraising Hub.
- Click on the address book image (just above and to the right of the ‘To’ field). This will open the ‘Add New Contact’ window.
- Select ‘Import Contacts’
- Select the email program you want to import from
- Sign in to your email account
- Select the contacts you want to import and click next
- Your contacts will be imported
- Select the contacts you want to send messages to or click the X to close the address book
+ What is the recommended file size for photos?
For best results, we recommend uploading an image that is 1000 pixels wide and 270 pixels tall
+ Where can I load videos from?
You can upload videos directly from YouTube
+ Who can I contact for help with my registration to fundraise for GoodLife Kids Foundation?
Please call Tara McGuire at 519-661-0190 x 623 for assistance in completing your fundraising registration.
+ Where does the money raised go?
All funds raised for GoodLife Kids Foundation
through The GoodLife Fitness City Chase Series will support physical activity initiatives for children with autism in each of the City Chase cities – Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. GoodLife Fitness covers 100% of our administrative and operations expenses so that every dollar raised will make the biggest impact on the lives of Canadian kids.
+ What are the fundraising requirements?
We recommend you set a challenging fundraising goal for your efforts. To inspire you check out our Fundraising Incentives
to help you establish the goal you would like to reach.
+ Can I fundraise online as well as collect cash and cheque donations?
For this event we are only accepting online donations paid by credit card through this website.
+ Why should I fundraise online?
- We are only collecting donations through credit card payments made via this website
- Our Fundraising Incentive program is based on donations you raise online only
- Easily connect with friends and family asking for support
- Your supporters may make a donation with a credit card
- Income tax receipts for donations of $20 or more are issued via email immediately after a donation has been made
- All donations made to you will appear in your individual total
- Online donations mean you don’t have to collect cash or cheques and your donors are thanked and receive an income tax receipt immediately
+ What if someone wants to donate but only wants to pay by cash or cheque?
If someone wants to support your fundraising efforts but would only like to pay by cash or cheque please follow these steps:
- Ask your donor to make cheque out to you or you keep the cash the donor has given to you
- You enter the donors name, contact information (address, phone, email) and donation amount online in your Fundraising Hub under the My Fundraising Tab
- You use your credit card to pay in the donation amount online
- You keep the donor's cheque or cash to reimburse for the credit card payment
By doing this, your supporter will immediately receive an email with their electronic income tax receipt. As well, the donation will be added to your online total and count towards reaching incentives.
+ What types of donations are eligible to receive income tax receipts and when are receipts issued?
All donations of $20 or more are eligible to receive an income tax receipt. Donations made online will immediately be receipted and the donor will receive an electronic receipt.
+ My donor accidentally donated to the wrong person, can this be corrected?
+ If I make a donation to support my own fundraising will I receive an income tax receipt?
Yes. All donations of $20 or more are eligible for an income tax receipt.
+ Are there incentives for fundraising?
Yes we selected special fundraising incentives
that will enhance your GoodLife Fitness City Chase experience and thank you for helping us support physical activity programs for children with autism.
+ How do I qualify for incentives?
To be eligible for the incentives the following is required:
- Incentives will be issued for donations you collect online only
- Deadlines are in place for each GoodLife Fitness City Chase city to ensure you receive event related incentives.
If you’ve made a personal online donation a portion or all of your donation will be deducted from total funds you have raised in order to determine your Incentive Level
- as is required by Canada Revenue Agency.
+ How do I collect my incentives?
- Raise a total of $75, $150, $500 or $750 and you will receive your incentives at your GoodLife Fitness City Chase event
- Raise $1,000 and you will receive your incentives within one month of your event
- Raise $250 – this is a draw and your ballots will automatically be entered in the draw by the GoodLife Fitness City Chase team.
+ Who can I contact with questions about incentives?
Income Tax Receipts
+ What types of donations are eligible to receive an income tax receipt?
All financial donations of $20 or more are eligible to receive an income tax receipt.
+ If I make a donation to myself will I receive an income tax receipt?
Yes, all donations of $20 or more are eligible to receive an income tax receipt.
+ When are income tax receipts sent out?
Donations made online will immediately receive an electronic receipt sent to the email address provided by the donor.
+ I can’t open my electronic income tax receipt
Electronic income tax receipts are sent in PDF format. If you currently do not have Adobe Reader on your computer you will not be able to open the attachment. You can download Adobe here
. For a replacement income tax receipt and/or corrections please contact email@example.com
+ What do I do if my income tax receipt contains an error?
+ Who do I contact if I haven’t received my income tax receipt?
+ What do I do if I’ve lost my income tax receipt?
+ How long is the income tax receipt valid for?
According to CRA guidelines, you have up to 5 years from the donation date to include this on your tax return.
About GoodLife Kids Foundation (GLKF)
+ What is GLKF?
GoodLife Kids Foundation is a private foundation with a vision for every Canadian kid to have the opportunity to live a fit and healthy good life. To date GoodLife Kids Foundation Grant Program has given $1.6 MILLION to almost 200 organizations, impacting over 221,000 Canadian children. To learn more about the GoodLife Kids Foundation Grant Program or the new GoodLife4Kids School Program go to: www.goodlifekids.com
. Join the conversation on getting Canadian kids active: facebook.com/goodlifekids
+ Is GLKF a registered charity?
Yes, our registered charitable number is #89126 2628 RR0001
+ Where can I learn more about GLKF?
+ How can I get more involved with GLKF?