3-Day CIBC 401 Bike Challenge
What is the CIBC 401 Bike Challenge?
The CIBC 401 Bike Challenge is an endurance bike ride from Toronto to Montreal. A committed group of cyclists and volunteers will depart the Toronto SickKids Hospital on Wednesday, August 9, 2017 and arrive at the Montreal Children’s Hospital on Friday, August 11, 2017, traveling 580kms! The cyclists will make the inspired ride linking these two pediatric institutions and making a difference in their respective hematology/oncology divisions.
Tuesday, August 8th
- Montreal riders are transported to Toronto providing an opportunity for them to get to know each other and build their team spirit for the peloton!
- Awesome night in Toronto due in large part to our stay at the Novotel on The Esplanade.
Wednesday, August 9th
- We are joined by our Toronto teammates and take our places for the 8:30 am Send-Off Event from Toronto Sick Kids Hospital.
- Cycle from Toronto to Belleville (190 km).
- Dinner and overnight in Belleville at the always friendly Best Western.
Thursday, August 10th
- Up at 5:30am for breakfast.
- Depart at 7am and cycle from Belleville to Cornwall (260km).
- Stop in Gananoque for lunch.
- Evening and Dinner : Overnight in Cornwall at the Best Western Cornwall a perennial favourite.
Friday, August 11th
- Depart at 9am and cycle from Cornwall to Montreal (130km).
- Arrival at Montreal Children’s Hospital followed by a post-ride celebration.
- Friends, family and supporters are invited to come celebrate the arrival of these brave and inspirational cyclists.
- Evening train option for Toronto-bound participants - Saturday August 13th option also available.
Minimum donation required
$4000.00 donation(s) and/or equivalent sponsorship(s)
The registration fee is $450.
- Event cycling bib shorts and jersey
- Event t-shirt and water bottle
- Transportation to Toronto
- All meals 3x breakfast, 3 lunch, 2x dinner, and snacks during the event (no alcohol included).
- Accommodations for three nights (based on double occupancy) single supplement $200.00
- Baggage transportation
- Professional repair service, please bring special tools or parts your particular bike may require
- Transportation to Toronto (from Montreal) on Tuesday and back to Toronto on Friday evening or Saturday 13th