Hockey Rules & Regulations
- Each team must have a minimum of 11 players and a maximum of 15 players on the bench for each game
- All players must sign the tournament waiver and register online prior to first game
- All games consist of;
- Period 1: 10 minute stop time
- Period 2: 10 minute stop time
- Period 3: 15 minute run time
- All teams must be ready to play 10 minutes prior to scheduled game time
- In the first period, the clock will start after the 5-minute warm-up
- Ties will be broken by a shoot-out
- Standard non-contact rules apply
- Only CSA-approved equipment is allowed
- All players must wear CSA-approved helmets at all times when on the ice
- No red line icing (blue line icing); automatic icing in effect
- All team captains must sign the event game sheet prior to start of each game
- A referee will be assigned to every game; a referee’s decision is final
- Any player receiving three minor penalties or a game misconduct will be ejected from the game and any player receiving a match or major fighting penalty will be ejected from the tournament
- Fighting, overtly aggressive or sustained unsafe play by a participant may cause ejection from the event with no reimbursement of funds raised or player registration
- Slapshots are allowed but sue with discretion to prevent injury
- Penalties will be taken as a penalty shot: minor (1) major (3)
- Each team must raise at least $10,000 in order to play in the Tech4Good Hockey Tournament and attend the draft party.
- Each player must individually raise at least $250 to attend the draft party and play in the Tech4Good Hockey Tournament.
- If a player/team does not meet the minimum fundraising requirements by March 31st, 2018 at 7PM, they will not qualify to play in the Tech4Good Hockey Tournament or attend the draft party. Funds raised and registration fee for each player will not be refunded.
To learn more about the rules of the game, click here.