Official Rules & Regulations
1. Duck adoption/entry forms must be delivered to the Vail Rotary Club at least 60 minutes prior to the start of the race to be eligible to win any prize.
2. All ducks are the property of the Vail Rotary Club and will remain the property of the club.
3. Winning duck numbers will be announced by 4:30 PM on race day and will be posted in the Vail Daily within the following two (2) days.
4. All prizes will be awarded as stated. No substitutions will be allowed. Any taxes, if applicable, will be the responsibility of the prize winner. Winners need not be present to win. The Vail Rotary Club will attempt to contact winner by telephone. If winner cannot be contacted with a reasonable effort and does not come foward to claim prize within 30 days of the race, the prize will be forfeited.
5. The decision of the judges is final.
6. Odds of winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of ducks adopted and then put in the water for the race. Not all ducks put into the water will reach the finish line as river forces (rocks, branches and current) will trap some ducks keeping them from going downstream. Additionally, other forces may affect a duck such as human intervention, animal intervention (dogs, ect.) that may capture or remove ducks as they move downstream. Further, inventory considerations (the loss of and the addition of ducks from year to year) may cause some numbering discrepancies. Vail Rotary Club warrants that all holders of duck adoption papers have an equal chance of winning.
7. Odds of winning $1,000,000: SCA Promotions preselects a winning number for one duck out of every 3,000 ducks in the race. If the racer duck that crosses the finish line first is marked with that number, the lucky donor wins the $1,000,000 prize. The $1,000,000 prize is paid in 40 annual payments of $25,000 without interest.
8. A winner of the $1,000,000 prize must submit a "copy of a government issued ID card containing a photo of the claimed winner".
9. Names and likenesses of Promotion winner(s) may be used by Sponsor and Sponsor's designee(s) for promotional purposes without further compensation to Sponsor or the Promotion winner(s).