Official Rules & Regulations
1. Duck adoption/entry forms must be delivered to the Vail Rotary Club at least 2 hours prior to the start of the race to be eligible to win any prize.
2. An approximate number of 12,000 ducks will be entered in the race by the Vail Rotary Club as "Presenter".
3. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and shall remain the property of the Presenter.
4. Ducks will be launched in Gore Creek from the Covered Bridge in Vail Village, CO at approx. at 3:00 pm on Sunday, September 1, 2019. The finish line will be below the International Bridge in Vail. The race course will be established by the Presenter.
5. Winning duck numbers will be announced by 4:30PM on race day and will be posted in the Vail Daily within the following two days.
6. All prizes will be awarded as stated. No substitutions will be allowed. Any taxes, if applicable, will be the responsibility of the prize winner. Winners need not be present to win. The Vail Rotary Club will attempt to contact winner by telephone or email. If winner cannot be contacted with a reasonable effort and does not come forward to claim prize within 30 days of the race the prize will be forfeited.
7. The decision of the judges is final.
8. Odds of winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of ducks adopted/purchased and then put in the water for the race. Not all ducks put into the water will reach the finish line as river forces (rocks, branches and current) will trap some ducks keeping them from going downstream. Additionally, other forces may affect a duck such as human intervention, animal intervention (dogs, ect.) that may capture or remove ducks as they move downstream. Further, inventory considerations (the loss of and the addition of ducks from year to year) may cause some numbering discrepancies. Vail Rotary Club warrants that all holders of duck adoption papers have an equal chance of winning.
9. A winner of the $1,000,000 prize must submit a "copy of a government issued ID card containing a photo of the claimed winner".
10. Official Promotion Rules: The parties hereto acknowledge that Sponsor must prepare and post Sponsor's Official Promotion Rules which must be readily available to all potential contestants and must reflect the terms and conditions of this contract, including specifically the following terms:
11. Names and likenesses of Promotion winner(s) may be used by Sponsor and Sponsor's designee(s) for promotional purposes without further compensation to Sponsor or the Promotion winner(s).