WHY YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS
We all have a heart.
- Heart Disease is the leading cause of Death in the World and 2nd leading cause of Death in Canada
- Heart Disease is the Number 1 cause of Death for Women over age 55 in Canada
- The Risk of a Heart Attack is 150% greater in Women Living with Diabetes compared to Women without Diabetes
- 2.3 million Canadians are living with Heart Disease and/or effects of Stroke
- Almost 1,000,000 Canadians are currently living with Congestive Heart Failure with 50,000 additional Canadians being diagnosed each year
- 9 in 10 Canadians over age 20 have at least 1 Risk Factor for Heart Disease
- 80% of Canadians with Diabetes will die from Heart Disease or Stroke
The Cardiac Health Foundation of Canada was founded in 1965, and our mission is to promote and develop cardiac rehabilitation programs and services supporting active recovery, public education and primary and secondary prevention initiatives in reducing cardiovascular disease in Canada. Did You Know the risk factors for heart disease are: family history of heart disease, smoking, obesity, high blood pressure, unhealthy blood lipid levels, diabetes, sedentary lifestyle, high alcohol consumption and poor nutrition? The majority of these risk factors are preventative, and the first step to improving the heart health of our county is reducing our chances of cardiac disease from ever happening in the first place.
Thank you for supporting the Cardiac Health Foundation of Canada’s 36th WALK OF LIFE and being active consistent with lifestyle change! We truly appreciate your support and fundraising efforts for 'Prevention, Education and Cardiovascular Rehabilitation'.
We are so honoured that you chose our foundation to support, and we are very excited to offer the following wonderful prizes to individuals who go above and beyond! To qualify for the following prizes, please submit your donations online or to the Cardiac Health Foundation of Canada office by July 11, 2020.
- Raise $200 + and receive a Cardiac Health Foundation Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- Raise $350 + and receive a Cardiac Health Foundation Duffle Bag
- Raise $750 + and receive a Fitbit Inspire HR
- Raise $1500 + and receive a WIFI / Bluetooth Smart Scale
- TOP 4 FUNDRAISERS will receive an Apple iPad
Prizes will be awarded on the basis of donations submitted. To be eligible for incentive prizes, you must submit funds on or before July 11, 2020. We reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prizes will be available up to 10-12 weeks after the event. Apple and Fitbit are not participants or sponsors of these promotions, this event or the CHFC.
- Login to your personal page, edit if you wish, and make it personal with your own images or text that talk about why you are participating in this event!
- Kick start your fundraising efforts and tell your family, friends, and co-workers what you’re doing!
- Share with them what the ‘WALK OF LIFE’ is about and who you are walking for! Show them how you’re challenging yourself to bring awareness to a bigger cause and being proactive in living a healthy lifestyle!
- Tell them what Cardiac Health Foundation of Canada is doing and how their contribution is making a difference!
- Don’t forget to thank your donors! Show your appreciation for their support and send them a thank you note or card directly from your personal page.
Our fantastic fundraising platform has made it easy to direct your family and friends to your fundraising page, and also be able to send automatic thank you notes and cards for their kind support!
Follow us on Social Media for News and Updates:
- Facebook: Cardiac Health Foundation of Canada – search for @CardiacHealth in facebook or messenger to find our page easily
- Twitter: @CardiacHealth
- Instagram: @cardiachealthfoundation
Note: If you are sending in donations via mail, we accept cheques (made payable to Cardiac Health Foundation of Canada), visa or mastercard. Please do not send cash. A friendly reminder to include your name as the participant and your donor’s names and addresses for tax receipt purposes. Receipts are issued for donations of $20 or more, and if donor’s names & addresses are complete and legible. If you are sending in a donation in support of an Individual or Team, please include their name with your submission! MAIL to: Cardiac Health Foundation of Canada, 901 Lawrence Ave West, Suite 201, Toronto, ON, M6A 1C3.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Christina Mellos at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-730-8299 ext. 2. If you are part of the Toronto Rehab Cardiac Team, please contact Kevin Geddes at email@example.com or 647-262-5634.