Hosting a DIY Fundraising Event
Thank you for your interest in hosting a community fundraiser to benefit the animals at Dakin Humane Society! Support from the community is what makes Dakin such a special place.
Here are some ideas to get your community involved:
- Sell Your Stuff. Host a neighborhood tag sale and let everyone know the proceeds will go to the animals at Dakin. Adding a lemonade stand or bake sale is a great way for kids to get involved!
- Party Favors. Ask for donations to Dakin in lieu of birthday, anniversary, or wedding presents. Fundraise on Facebook to make it easy for friends and family to donate.
- Get Together. Host a game night or dinner party, and ask guests to make a donation as an entry fee.
- Supply Drive. Organize a supply drive for items from our Wish List with your school, club, or church.
Here are some ideas to get your colleagues involved:
- Bring Your Dog to Work Day. Pick a day to allow employees to bring their four-legged friends with them to work in exchange for a $10 donation.
- Jeans Day or Casual Friday. Ask employees to donate in exchange for permission to dress down on a given day.
- Penny Wars. Place coin jars in common areas to collect spare change. Encourage a little friendly competition by seeing which department or branch can collect the most!
- Cook-Off. Invite employees to bring in homemade chili, macaroni and cheese, or other favorite food. Charge a fee to sample each dish and vote for the best one.
- Company Raffle. Sell tickets for the chance to win a free lunch, preferred parking spot, or extra vacation day.
1. Review our DIY Fundraising Guidelines to determine if your proposed event will fit within Dakin's guidelines.
2. Submit the DIY Fundraising Proposal at least 30 days prior to your event date.