Canadian Bible Society
   



MESSAGE FROM EGYPT
The Bible Society of Egypt (BSOE) is no stranger to persecution. Four years ago, the Bible stores in Minia and Assiut were burned and destroyed in a flare of violence against Christian establishments. But Bible work continues, stronger than ever. In his recent letter, BSOE General Secretary, Ramez Attalah, described how Christians responded with love and forgiveness in the aftermath of the Palm Sunday bombings. He said, “This is just a small picture of the country we are proud to live in, the Church we are proud to serve.”

Click here to read Ramez’s letter
Share this issue with your friends and family today:



        

Strengthen the Church in Egypt with God’s Word


Egypt is one of the most well-known countries in the world. This historically rich land spans one million square feet and is home to 91.5 million Egyptians. 90% of the population is Muslim, and Coptic Christians form the majority of the remaining 10%.

Christians in Egypt constantly face persecution; some incidents of persecution make it to the news: the killing of 29 worshipers in a church last December, and two separate bombings on Palm Sunday which claimed the lives of 45 people and wounded 126 more.

Here in Canada, it’s hard for us to imagine being persecuted for our faith, but Egyptian Christians live it every day.

To strengthen the Church, the Bible Society in Egypt and the Canadian Bible Society have been working together to provide Bibles to:
  • Young Christians who are terrified and discouraged by persecution.
  • People who were encouraged by the Church’s response in loving and forgiving, and would like to know more about having faith in Jesus through the Bible.
  • Those impacted by these attacks – to provide comfort and hope for the grieving and the wounded.
  • Strengthening the Church through changing times. For over 200 years, each generation has experienced the Bible in fresh ways! CBS is not a stagnant movement! In partnership with local churches and organizations across Canada, our faithful supporters empower creative and effective opportunities to engage both young and old with the life-giving Word of God.

Christians in Egypt may be few, but they, as Bible Society General Secretary Ramez Attalah said, “are determined, more than ever, to hold firmly to their faith.” Your gift today will not only provide the much-needed Bibles to strengthen the Church in Egypt – it will also serve as a statement to the fact that we stand alongside them against terror while spreading the love of Jesus to those who desperately need to witness it.

$35 will provide 7 Bibles to people impacted by the attacks in Egypt.

$50 will provide a Bible for 10 young Egyptian Christians to strengthen their faith.

$100 will supply the Church with 20 Bibles to share with those who need it most.

     

Make a Gift Today

* Indicates Required Information



*
*


Contact Information


*
*
*
* * * *
*
* ( ) Ext.
*

Payment Information

Please enter your donation amount and payment type. By donating via credit card, you help us to save resources.

Alternatively, if you would like to pay via cheque, please make your cheque payable to Canadian Bible Society, and mail it to 10 Carnforth Road, Toronto, ON, M4A 2S4. 

For tax purposes, a receipt will be issued immediately for online donations, and at year-end for all contributions made via telephone/mail. Charitable registration No. 11882 9647 RR0001.


* * Donation Amount:
* Processing Date:
*
installments
*
*
*
*
Privacy Policy


Canadian Bible Society: 10 Carnforth Rd., Toronto, ON M4A 2S4
info@biblesociety.ca | www.biblesociety.ca
Phone: 1-416-757-4171 | Toll free: 1-800-465-2425
Charitable registration No. 11882 9647 RR0001