Volunteering at the 5K Walk/Hike for Meso
We appreciate our volunteers time and take very good care of them. Each volunteer gets a complimentary walk t-shirt, a light breakfast, lunch, and break times. If you are interested in volunteering please sign up below.
If you have any questions please email the Volunteer Coordinator Christina at: email@example.com or at (310)-478-4678.
Thank you for volunteering your time and we look forward to seeing you at the walk!
- Morning Set-Up: All volunteers are required to be onsite at 7:00 a.m.. The morning set up crew will assist in moving tables, putting signs up on the course, setting up trash cans, placing tablecloths on tables, and other similar tasks.
- Registration: Check registered walkers in, sign unregistered walkers up, and sell raffle tickets. This role is perfect for someone who thrives in a fast paced environment.
- T-Shirt Distribution: Once walkers are checked in they need to collect their walk t-shirt. Volunteers for this position will give registered walkers their already reserved t-shirts and ask unregistered walkers for their size(s) and find a t-shirt for them. This position is ideal for the clothing guru in the group or simply the person who has great customer service skills.
- Water Distribution: This role is for the superheroes of the group. Do you know how important it is for walkers to stay hydrated? Channel your inner superhero by distributing water on the trail to potentially dehydrated walkers.
- Walk Course: Do you want to participate in the walk and volunteer at the same time? Then join the walk after the last walker departs and trail everyone on the course, picking up signs and ensuring every walker is accounted for.
- Medal Awarding: Shout words of encouragement to walkers approaching the Finish Line! Hand out medals and direct walkers to the pavilion.
- Raffle and Powerball Ticket Sellers: Do you have that natural salesperson spirit? If so, help sell tickets for our opportunity drawings.
- After Event Loading: Assist in emptying trash barrels, loading tables and chairs into trucks, and taking down tents.