Hockey Rules & Regulations
- Each team must have a minimum of 11 players and a maximum of 15 players on the bench for each game
- All players must sign the tournament waiver prior to the first game
- All games consist of three, 15-minute (runtime) periods with stop time in the last minute of the third period
- All teams must be ready to play 10 minutes prior to the scheduled game time
- In the first period, the clock will start after the 5-minute warm-up
- Ties will be broken by a shoot-out
- Standard non-contact rules apply
- Only CSA-approved equipment is allowed
- All players must wear CSA-approved helmets at all times when on the ice
- No red line icing (blue line icing); automatic icing in effect
- All team captains must sign the event game sheet prior to the start of each game
- A referee will be assigned to every game; a referee’s decision is final
- Any player receiving three minor penalties or a game misconduct will be ejected from the game and any player receiving a match or major fighting penalty will be ejected from the tournament
- Fighting, overtly aggressive or sustained unsafe play by a participant may cause ejection from the event with no reimbursement of funds raised or player registration
- No slap shots allowed; if deemed intentional, the opposing team receives a penalty shot
- Penalties will be taken as a penalty shot: minor (1) major (3)
- Each team must raise at least $10,000 in order to play in the Tech4Good Connect North on Ice Challenge and attend the draft party.
- If a team does not meet the minimum fundraising requirements by April 26, 2019, at 7 PM, they will not qualify to play in the Tech4Good Hockey Tournament or attend the draft party. Funds raised and registration fee for each player will not be refunded.
To learn more about the rules of the game, click here.